Getting injured in a car accident comes with a series of hardships, some of which may change your life for good. On top of the emotional and physical toll of an injury, you’ll likely be facing huge medical bills despite the fact that you may not have been at fault. It’s a difficult time, and…Details
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
There are many types of injuries that can occur during a motorcycle accident. Leg, knee, and foot trauma are the most common injuries reported, while head or brain injuries are the most fatal. Additionally, there is high risk from burns from fuel leaks and other hazardous materials. It is often the rider who suffers the most painful injuries.
Five common causes of motorcycle accidents:
Often, a motorcyclist’s driving isn’t the cause of an accident. This list outlines the most common factors that can contribute to a motorcycle accident.
- Other Drivers – Defensive driving is a must for a motorcyclist. Don’t assume that the other drivers on the road see you or will give you the right-of-way. One of the most common causes of bike accidents is when another vehicle turns left, crossing into the path of an oncoming motorcycle.
- Dangerous or Hazardous Surfaces – Weather conditions like ice or rain as well as uneven roads pose potential dangers.
- Flying Insects or Debris – Could cause loss of control or eye injury.
- Other Moving Objects – Aside from fellow motorists, motorcyclists must be aware of anything that might cross their path, including pedestrians and animals.
- Overcorrection – Not only does a motorcyclist have to watch the other vehicles on the road but also they must make sure they do not make matters worse by overreacting to potential dangers.
Motorcycle Safety Tips
Motorcyclists in the Columbia, Greenville, Spartanburg, and surrounding areas must obey the rules of the roads in South Carolina, but that alone will not prevent them from getting into a motorcycle accident. Riding a motorcycle takes skill, practice, and knowledge. Practicing the following safety tips will help ensure that motorcyclists get to their destination safely.
- Wear Protective/Safety Gear
- Be Aware of Your Surroundings
- Instruct Passengers On How to Ride Safely
- Use Staggered Formation When Riding In Groups
- Drive Defensively
One of the most important and easy tips for riding a motorcycle safely is to wear a helmet. South Carolina law only requires riders under 21 years of age to wear helmets. Since most fatalities in bike accidents are due to head injuries, it is advisable to wear a helmet every time you ride.
South Carolina Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Have you been in a motorcycle accident in Columbia, Greenville, Rock Hill, Sumter, Orangeburg, or surrounding South Carolina areas? The best thing you can do after seeking medical attention is contact a personal injury lawyer. You may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries.
By using the services of a personal injury lawyer or motorcycle accident lawyer, you are ensuring that your case is fully investigated. They will help make sense of your motorcycle insurance and maximize your claim.
Summer has almost arrived, and that means it’s nearly time for millions of Americans to hit the road on their summer trips. Having so many drivers on the road, however, increases the likelihood of accidents, both large and small. Before you plan your big summer road trip, it is important that you take the proper…Details
Riding a motorcycle is a wonderful experience. There’s nothing like the feeling of freedom you have with the wind in your face on the open highway. For most motorcyclists, safety is of paramount importance—after all, riding a motorcycle in many ways is much more dangerous than driving a car. However, the incidents of accidents and…Details
If someone you have has been injured, you may be feeling scared and overwhelmed. Not only do you have to continue to care for your home, your kids, and your self, but you now have someone who needs your help. Because it may be difficult to anticipate the needs of accident victims, here are some…Details
Motorists often think of road debris as a problem of dodging objects lying on the road. However, these objects got there after falling off trucks, cars, and other motor vehicles, which means they were airborne at one point. With little or no warning and only a windshield to protect you, another’s negligence can cause serious harm. Common Causes of…Details
If you have been searching for Columbia car accident lawyers, there’s a chance that you are currently dealing with an injury from a car accident. Working with an attorney can help you make a case, but to ensure that you are compensated for all of your expenses like you should be, it is important to track…Details