When you are involved in a car accident, you can go through a difficult and stressful time because it is such an unexpected event in your life. Even if you are cautious and extremely careful, you can still be involved in a car accident.
After an accident has occurred, all you probably want is for your peace of mind and your life to be restored as quickly as possible. As South Carolina car accident attorneys, we want to help you restore peace after you have been involved in a car accident.
After The Accident Has Occurred
- Call the police, regardless of how small you may think the accident is
- Call your insurance company as soon as possible
- Be sure to turn on the lights to your vehicle so other drivers will know what is occurring
- Try to relax by taking a few breaths
- Remain as calm as you can
- Stay at the scene of the accident and wait for the police
- Check your body for any injuries you think you may have
- Write down notes about the accident
- If you think you may need medical attention, do not hesitate to call for an ambulance
- If anyone other than a police officer or your insurance agent asks you to sign documents, do not sign them
- Do not say the accident was your fault
- Do not go into a deep conversation about the accident
- If you do have a discussion about the accident, only give factual information
After being involved in a car accident, it can be difficult to remain calm and stay focused. It is important that you remember the above tips because you will need to have documentation for legal and insurance reasons.
Contact us today if you have been involved in an accident and need legal consultation.