If you decide to apply for South Carolina Social Security Disability benefits online, you may start your claim immediately. You don’t need to wait for an appointment, you can apply from anywhere you have access to a computer, and you can avoid time-consuming (and perhaps costly!) trips to a Social Security Office.
Steps for Completing a Social Security Benefits Application:
1) The first step for ANYONE applying for a Social Security claim is to locate ALL medical records relevant to your claim. Relevant medical records are those that pertain to your illness or injury dated from one year prior to the date you became disabled until the present. This includes all tests performed– examples include MRIs, x-rays, blood work, etc. Your records should include your physician’s treatment notes, information regarding any emergency room visits, and hospital admissions. If your doctor believes you are disabled, request that she/he provide you with a detailed written report of your condition and how it affects you.
2) Review the Social Security Disability Checklist.
3) Fill out the Social Security Benefit Application.
4) Complete the Adult Disability Report.
5) Fill out the Authorization to Disclose Information Form and mail or deliver it to your local Social Security Office.
If you would prefer to begin your application for South Carolina Social Security benefits via phone, you can call the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 1-800-772-1213. The SSA office will mail the appropriate forms and set up an appointment for you to speak with your local SSA office either by phone or in person.
You may also contact the Social Security Office nearest you directly by phone to begin the process.
|Aiken Social Security Disability 151 Corporate Pkwy Aiken, SC 29803 Telephone: 1-803-648-2356||Anderson Social Security Disability 3420 Clemson Boulevard Anderson, SC 29621-1324 Telephone: (864) 231-7057|
|Bennettsville Social Security Disability 1060 Cottingham Blvd N Bennettsville, SC 29512 Telephone: 1-888-810-7373||Camden Social Security Disability 1111 Broad Street, 2nd Floor Camden, SC 29020 Telephone: 1-888-810-7373|
|Charleston Social Security Disability 1463 Tobias Gadsen Blvd Charleston, SC 29407 Telephone: 1-843-573-3600||
Clinton Social Security Disability
292 Professional Park Rd
Clinton, SC 29325|
|Columbia Social Security Disability 1835 Assembly Street Columbia, SC 29201-2441 Telephone: 1-803-929-7635||Conway Social Security Disability 1316 3rd Ave Conway, SC 29526 Telephone: 1-843-248-4271|
|Florence Social Security Disability 181 Dozier Blvd Florence, SC 29501 Telephone: 1-843-662-4651||Georgetown Social Security Disability 413 King St Georgetown, SC 29440 Telephone: 1-866-593-1584|
|Greenville Social Security Disability 319 Pelham Road Greenville, SC 29615-3110 Telephone: 1-864-233-1116||Greenwood Social Security Disability 115 Enterprise Court, Suite C Greenwood, SC 29649 Telephone: 1-866-739-4803|
|Orangeburg Social Security Disability 1391 Middleton Street Orangeburg, SC 29115-3115 Telephone: 1-803-531-1568||Port Royal Social Security Disability 2212 Mossy Oaks Rd Port Royal, SC 29935 Telephone: 1-843-524-5795|
|Rock Hill Social Security Disability 498 Lakeshore Parkway Rock Hill, SC 29730-4205 Telephone: 1-803-385-3494||Spartanburg Social Security Disability 140 Magnolia St Spartanburg, SC 29306 Telephone: 1-866-701-6620|
|Sumter Social Security Disability 240 N Bultman Dr Sumter, SC 29150-2500 Telephone: 1-803-775-9140||Walterboro Social Security Disability 502 Robertson Blvd Walterboro, SC 29488 Telephone: 1-843-549-2866|